The ideal Graphic Designer is an active self-starter who has a passion for design. This person should be positive, confident and have an affinity for creativity. This structured, organized individual knows how to prioritize and be self motivated.
The Graphic Designer should be a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to work outside their comfort zone. He or she knows how to be honest, kind and willing to take criticism when needed. Our Graphic Designer should be a good communicator, both written and oral, knows how to listen, and has an acute attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is generous, authentic, trustworthy and personable. He or she should have a good sense of humor, and remain approachable and humble. This person is calm under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity.
This Social Firm Graphic Designer offers creative solutions to problems. He or she knows our brand story, our vision, our mission and our audience.
- Create design mock-ups & final design deliverables for Creative Director approval
- Collaborate with team to translate client needs into digital and print design assets
- Ability to take creative ideas and translate them into front end web concepts, print advertising, digital marketing assets, etc…
- Maintain client and in-house brand guidelines and design standards
- Produce web banners, print advertising designs, social media graphics, infographics, WordPress web page design, presentations, digital newsletters, in-house brand material, copy content, etc…
- Responsible for design project(s) through its lifecycle
- Occasionally have contact with clients to keep the design process moving forward
- Minimum 2 year degree in graphic design, or related creative design degree
- 1 years experience working on print and digital graphics
- Evidence of career progression with growth and commitment
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with the following creative software programs is a must have:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency with core marketing graphic design principles (typography, layout, color composition, imagery, etc.)
- Ability to handle large, sophisticated campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong creative and visual problem solving skills, attention to detail!!
- Design portfolio
- 2+ years experience working on print and digital graphics
- 4 year degree in graphic design, or related creative design degree
- Agency experience
- Experience with wireframe design
- Print production skills
- WordPress – DIVI Builder experience
- Outside interests – hobbies, active roles in organizations, community involvement
- Experience with project management and time tracking software, especially Asana & Harvest
- Membership in a local design-related / peer networking special interest group(s)
WHAT SETS THE SOCIAL FIRM APART FROM OTHERS?
The Social Firm has been in business for nearly a decade, but we strive to keep a start-up vibe focusing on high energy and growth. We are strong believers in professional development. The right candidate can expect to learn something new every day, and we take it upon ourselves to cultivate our talented employees on all levels of marketing and business. We want well rounded employees, and whether you move up internally or move on to bigger and better things in your career, we’re here to help you become better at what you do.
Our culture is extremely important, and we want you to love what you do here. Our management style is not simply aimed at you helping us grow, but us helping you be successful. With this positive synergy, growth will always come naturally.
Here are a few things you can expect:
- We move fast; we test everything; we learn as a team; and, we continuously improve
- We are nimble and always ready for anything
- Open communication environment based on high-integrity values
- Passionate teammates who know how to have fun while winning
- Opportunity for growth
- Focused on the employee and their personal and professional development
- The Social Firm is philanthropic and active in the community
- The culture is well-regarded and results driven
- Opportunity to work on fun campaigns
- On-site parking, quick access to downtown, Bexley & Short North / Arena District